iPhone OpenGL Demo - Water Waves Effect

iPhone OpenGL Demo - Water Waves Effect

09/21/09 | by zveriu | Categories: Fun, Software, iPhone, iPhone

UPDATE 20100102: As there seem to appear some unsatisfied fuckup-folks, read this first:

• code is provided AS IS, no warranties
  • got no time to sort things out? don’t lose your time checking out the code then
  • lazy enough/looser-programmer and looking for spoon-feeding solutions only? don’t lose your time checking out the code then
  • don’t like my code? write better one instead and let me see you give it for free before you comment
  • for those whoever is “fuck you"-ing me for whatever frustration reason they got - you are free to leave the blog - this blog is not for you

UPDATE 20090921: ZIP with sources is NOT corrupted. Please use 7-Zip archiver (ver >= 1.59)

Some time back, I was asked by Emi Abramzon and Gustavo Rubacha from http://www.ideasforiphone.com if I could do some freelancing for an effect of water waves for iPhone. Though I didn’t get into that project, I wanted to do some demo.

Spent one weekend on this. Not very astonishing, but still was an interesting task :). Algorithm is not mine. It is based on “DSAqua project”.

I just integrated everything into the iPhone OpenGL ES skeleton of the cube.

Also, previously provided the sources to Tony Konstant from mousehog.com (btw he has some nice ideas) - he was interested in this effect, but unfotunatelly couldn’t any application related to this on this site.

Download iPhone OpenGL Demo - Water Waves Effect Source

Enjoy!

Comments, Pingbacks:

Comment from: Alexandru Halmagean [Visitor] Email · http://www.macnews.ro
Foarte tare, imi place! De ce nu o pui pe AppStore? Eventual adaugi o optiune pentru alegerea backgroundului si niste muzica pe fundal.

Eu am facut o serie de harti offline care a ajuns in AppStore si a fost o experienta foarte interesanta. Stiu ca tu ai lucrat la chestii mult mai avansate (OpenCV pe iPhone parca), ce s-a mai intamplat cu proiectul vechi?
PermalinkPermalink 08/14/09 @ 18:30
Comment from: Verdrive [Visitor] Email
Hi, could you post the source again or could you send me it to : verdrive@hotmail.com
PermalinkPermalink 08/19/09 @ 21:10
Comment from: Tony Konstant [Visitor] Email · http://mousehog.com
thanks for the kind word Andrei! indeed I have been caught up in the flash world for quite some time...but I never say never! We should catch up. this effect is great, well done.
PermalinkPermalink 09/04/09 @ 09:55
Comment from: Jack Jones [Visitor] Email
I'm very interested to see how you can get such great performance on the iPhone. I'm new to OpenGL programming and my test projects are running very slow.

I tried to download your water waves effects demo but the file is corrupt or something. Could you please repost it or send it to me via email?

Thank you very much.
-Jack
PermalinkPermalink 09/08/09 @ 02:38
Comment from: Mike [Visitor] Email
Fantastic demo. I couldn't get the source running in xcode though. Could you post it with an xcode project file.

Thanks,

Mike
PermalinkPermalink 09/14/09 @ 01:12
Comment from: dorald [Visitor] Email
file is corrupt ....!!!!!

reupload plzzz
PermalinkPermalink 09/15/09 @ 00:36
Comment from: Tommy [Visitor] Email
Hi, The video demo looks really great. I have tried to download the source code but it seems as though the file is corrupted. It would be really great if you could upload the zip again - I have been looking for a code example of water ripples ever since Koi Pond came out. Thanks
PermalinkPermalink 09/18/09 @ 04:07
Comment from: dorald [Visitor] Email
where is the .xcodeproj ???
PermalinkPermalink 09/29/09 @ 03:19
Comment from: zveriu [Member] · http://www.andreicostin.com
@Mike:
@dorald:

Hi guys,

These sources are compiled with native tools (i.e. with the non-SDK cross-compiler and all the stuff which many people produced before SDK was released - BIG
THANKS to those brave ones, they know who they are)

Unfortunately, I am not a 100% XCode coder - I prefer Cygwin/Ubuntu, gcc and makefiles - sorry, not an expert in .xcodeproj files :-S

Even though, I invite you (I suppose for 3 source files should be piece of cake, right?) to create such a .xcodeproj package so I can upload such a version also. You know why? Because for example I desperately needed ZXing to compile on non-XCode/non-SDK environment (i.e. in I needed it in Cygwin), but there was nothing to help me convert thousands of files from XCode to makefile :-S... Any volunteers for such tools?

PS: I have tried PBTOMAKE (http://www.google.com/search?q=pbtomake), but without any luck for ZXing XCode 3.0 projects...

I would really love people to create both XCode and makefiles for any free and open projects :)

Thanks
PermalinkPermalink 09/29/09 @ 03:57
Comment from: buy dvds [Visitor] Email
Unable to download~the network?
PermalinkPermalink 10/14/09 @ 07:52
Comment from: Tom [Visitor]
This is a really cool effect!
PermalinkPermalink 12/11/09 @ 18:36
Comment from: Fuck You [Visitor]
Thanks for the time waste, idiot. Your code is absolute crap. If you didn't put this up to make your competitors waste their time, at least take the commented code flailing out and put it into an XCode project.
PermalinkPermalink 12/27/09 @ 08:52
Comment from: Freelance Consultant [Visitor] Email
Im not so much for an iphone but I like the way it changes people's lives. Pretty sure sooner or later they have something more than an iphone that
will make people get crazy once more.
PermalinkPermalink 01/12/10 @ 09:17
Comment from: Mark [Visitor] Email
I thought the demo with the drops was really pretty fascinating. I assume that you just created it?

Mark T
PermalinkPermalink 04/24/10 @ 06:15
Comment from: CompilingIt [Visitor] Email
Note - this won't compile with the official sdk, since the official sdk does not have egl.h
PermalinkPermalink 10/25/10 @ 04:15
Comment from: Erik [Visitor]
Can you just post a regular zip? There isn't a version of that unzipping program for the mac, and seeing this is for iPhone OpenGL it really should be easy to get these sources.

Thanks
PermalinkPermalink 12/16/10 @ 22:28
Comment from: Paresh Rathod [Visitor] Email
I am not able to extract the zip.
It has an error, can you please re-upload the code.

Regards & thanks,
Paresh
PermalinkPermalink 09/10/11 @ 12:44

This post has 8 feedbacks awaiting moderation...